Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Welcome

I'm glad you decided to join me on this blog.  I'm a writer of fiction and creative non-fiction, and I started this blog to share my thoughts and writings related to different cultures.

Writing Cultures.  What does that mean?  To me, it has a couple of meanings:

  • Writing about different cultures -- one's own, or a foreign culture.
  • Reading writing about different cultures -- again, one's own, or a foreign culture.
  • The culture(s) of writing itself -- what it means to be a writer, who writes, what a writing community is.
  • Short snippets of writing -- like "cultures" of different bacteria used to test for diseases.
I hope to share information, links, and writing related to all of these topics, and I hope you'll join me.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to leave a note on the blog.  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment